1. Japan passport application form can be downloaded from here
1 Photo (45mm × 35mm, taken within 6 month) - Sample is here - needs to be attached to the application form.
Please note that the consular section staff cannot, as a rule, fill out the forms on your behalf. Please ask a relative or acquaintance to help you if you cannot fill out the form yourself. Should you have no one to help you, please contact the consular section of the Embassy.
2. If your Japan passport has been expired already, certified copy of the family register (Koseki tohon) issued within 6 months is required.
3. The processing time is 3 weeks to 1 month.
4. Below are the fees for Japan passport (as of 1st April 2021)
- 10 years passport (more than 20 years old) – NGN 51,600
- 5 years passport (more than 12 years old) – NGN 35,500
- 5 years passport (less than 11 years old) – NGN 19,350
If you need any clarification, please contact Consular section.
Please refer to the URLs below for Customs & Quarantine information: