【Consular Services】Visa Information
※Please note that visa applications for the purpose of "Visiting relative","Visiting acquaintances/friend", and "Tourism" are not accepted for the time being..
General Visa Information※Be aware of fraudulent website, social media, emails in an attempt to extract payments from visa applicants※
- Before you make an application, please read all the information on this website carefully.
If foreign nationals who reside in Japan for the purpose of work or a long-term stay receive Re-entry Permit or Special Re-entry Permit from the Ministry of Justice (the Regional Immigration Bureau) before leaving Japan, the permit enables them to re-enter Japan without obtaining a visa. Please click here for the detail.
Concerning the procedure for "Extension of the Validity of Japan Re-entry Permit", please click here for the detail.
- Dear travelers to Japan: It is recommended to take out an overseas travel insurance
Select the purpose of your visit from the list below (click on the list):
- Short-Term Business Affairs, etc (Suspended)
- Visiting relatives (visiting a spouse, blood relatives and relatives by affinity of up to the third degree) (Suspended)
- Visiting acquaintances/friends (It includes visitng relatives by affinity of beyond third degree) (Suspended)
- Tourism (Suspended)
- Work or Long-term stay (a stay during which the applicant performs remunerative work in Japan or a stay over 90 days in Japan e.g. working, studying, spouse etc.) (Visa application with a “Certificate of Eligibility”) Procedures Chart for Work or Long-Term Stay (Click here for the categories the Embassy is accepting.) (Suspended except some categories listed here)
- Medical stay
※If you are a foreign national residing in Nigeria (Third country visa application), valid CERPAC card or valid residence permit will be required at the time of visa application.
Please note that there is no accredited travel agent approved by the Embassy of Japan in Nigeria.
※Be aware of fraudulent website, social media, emails in an attempt to extract payments from visa applicants※
For the required documents, please refer to 『1. Requirements for the visa application』.
- The applicant possesses a valid passport and is entitled to the re-entry to a country of his/her nationality or a country of his/her residence.
- All submitted documents are authentic, completed and satisfactory.
- The activities to be engaged in Japan/ the civil status or the position of the applicant/ the period of stay meet the requirements for the status of residence and the period of stay stipulated in the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act. (Cabinet Order No.319 of 1951. Hereinafter referred to as the "Immigration Control Act")
- The applicant do not fall under any of the items of Article 5, Paragraph 1 of the Immigration Control Act.
Nationals and citizens of those countries and regions are not required to obtain visas to enter Japan when their visits are tourism, commerce, conferences, visiting relatives/ acquaintances, etc.
List of countries and regions for visa exemption 1. Requirements for the visa application』
Embassy's closure days.
Before you contact us for appointment, please make sure if you are qualified for visa application.
The Embassy of Japan in Nigeria is currently accepting visa application for the categories listed here only. Please note that categories not listed here will currently not be accepted.
※Please note that visa applications for the purpose of "Visiting relative","Visiting acquaintances/friend", and "Tourism" are not accepted for the time being.
The time to process an application for any kind of visas depends on the applicant’s circumstances and the Embassy does not issue any visas on the same day of application.
Please note that submission of requirements does not guarantee the issuance of visa.
Visa applicants will be contacted as soon as their passports are ready for collection.
The period of validity of the single-entry visa is three months.
It means you need to enter Japan within three months of the issuance of the visa.
If you wish to postpone your travel (departure) for longer than three months, you will be required to make another visa application.
Validity of stay
Your validity of stay will be counted from the following day that you arrive in Japan.
Example: 1st JAN to 16th JAN counted as 15 days (NOT 16 days). N8,350 / Indian N2,300
(as of 1st April, 2019)
Nigerian N9,700 / Indian N2,700
(as of 1st April, 2021)
*1 Visa fee varies from nationality to another. Certain countries are visa fee exemption countries. Please ask consular section for details.
*2 If the visa is not issued, no fees are required.
*3 Visa fees will be required for pick up time only.
*4 We accept only cash. Please kindly bring the EXACT amount.
*5 You may send someone on your behalf for the collection of your passport. Please make sure to provide a LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION indicating that you have authorized a specific individual to collect your passport, and have the individual bring in a VALID PHOTO ID. (e.g: passport, driver’s license, etc.) and your VISA APPLICATION RECEIPT which you were given at the time of visa application.
We cannot give you the specific reason of the visa rejection.
No.9 Bobo street, off Gana street, Maitama, Abuja / Click here for map
* Telephone number (Please ask for the Consular section)
- +234 -(0)90-6000-9019
- +234 -(0)90-6000-9099
* Consular section's email address: email@example.com
※Visa information on this website may be subject to change at any time without prior notice.※