Visa application from those who had the status of residence and had difficulty for re-entering Japan within the valid period of their re-entry permission or special re-entry due to the impact of COVID-19
Embassy of Japan in Nigeria will accept visa application from those who had the status of residence and had difficulty re-entering Japan within the valid period of their re-entry permission or special re-entry due to the impact of COVID-19, when they meet one of 2 conditions below.※
(1) Those who had the status of residence and have no proxy in Japan to apply for the issuance of certificate of eligibility
(2) Those who had the status of residence that is not subject to the application for the issuance of a certificate of eligibility
※This measure applies to the following 13 statuses of residence only.
"Entertainer","Dependent","Designated Activities","Spouse or Child of a Japanese National","Spouse or Child of Permanent resident",“Long Term Resident"
<Requirements for the visa application for this case>
- Valid international passport
- Residence card
- Visa application form
- Flight reservation slip - (Note) We do not require purchase of flight tickets. Departure date from Nigeria needs to be at least one month from the date of visa application.
- Petition - (Note) A form for petition will be given to you at the Embassy
Please note that the visa application would be referred to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan for its clearance after accepting it. Therefore the examination process of visa application is expected to take longer than usual. For this reason, kindly submit visa application at least 1 month before intended date of departure.