Employment Vacancy Notice: Assistant for Culture and Information section
The Embassy of Japan in Nigeria
Employment Vacancy Notice
Employment Vacancy Notice
(Dated: 15th of June, 2021)
The Embassy of Japan in Nigeria has a vacancy for one (1) Assistant for Culture and Information section.
1. Vacant Position
● Position Title: Assistant for Culture and Information section (Local Staff)
● Number of required: 1 (One) position
● Type of Employment: One year*
* Renewable. Subject to 3 (Three)-month probationary period.
● Location: Embassy of Japan in Nigeria
No.9, Bobo Street (off Gana Street), Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
● Applicability: All interested candidates
● Salary, Bonus and Allowance*: Depending on skills and experiences.
* To be announced to the successful candidate when the Embassy agree to recruit.
● Job Environment: Full-time (38 hours 45 minutes/week)*.
* Overtime work (including evenings, weekends and/or holidays), and response to urgent summons will be required from time to time.
● Working Hours: Mon – Thu: 8:00 to 17:30 (Lunch break: 12:00 to 13:00)
Fri: 8:00 to 12:45
● Annual leave and Holidays: Provided in accordance with internal regulations.
⇒Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
●Applicant with knowledge of Japan and Japanese culture will be highly considered;
●Must have Computer Skills/ Knowledge of the Microsoft Office (Excel, PPT and Word etc...);
●Being proficient in using social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram e.t.c.);
●Written and oral communication skills in English;
●Cheerful, courteous and cooperative manner in dealings with all members of Embassy staff, and guests;
●Demonstrate Flexibility and versatility;
●Attention to detail and thoroughness in following through tasks to completion;
●Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships and working within a team;
●Displays personal integrity and an honest and ethical approach.
3. Selection Process
● The embassy will proceed selection of candidates by procedure below;
1. Document Screening
2. 1st Interview and PC skill test
3. 2nd Interview
● Only successful candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
4. How to Apply
● All qualified candidates meeting “Qualification/Skills/Experience” stated above MUST deliver and submit the following documents to the Embassy during the PERIOD of APPLICATION, or the application will not be considered.
1. Application Form*
* Must use “Application Form” provided.
* Please indicate reachable telephone numbers on the “Application Form”, or may lose the opportunity to apply for the vacancy.
2. 1(one) passport-size photograph*
3. Nigerian National Identity Card and/or International passport (Copy)
4. Certificate of Education (Copy)
5. Certificate/Supporting documents for “Qualifications / Skills / Experience” stated above, if any
● PERIOD of APPLICATION*
From 15th of June, 2021 to 16th of July, 2021: 8:00am to 5:30pm (Friday: 8:00am to Noon)
● Incomplete applications will not be considered.
● Submitted documents will not be returned.
5. Important Notice
● Closing date for applying this position is the 16th of July, 2021, and no further applications will be accepted after this date.
● To be submitted in person or by post only. No online/email submission will be accepted.
● The Embassy accept enquiries about this Employment Vacancy Notice/Application ONLY by telephone number below;
090-6000-9099, 9019 (Culture & Information section)
Operating only on;
From Monday to Thursday: 8am to 5:30pm
On Friday: 8am to Noon
● Reference verification will be conducted within the review period.
● We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.