Culture & Information
Scholarship / Education
1. Japanese Government(MEXT) Scholarship
* Application period for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for International Students for 2018 Academic year has opened.
Completed MEXT scholarship application forms can be submitted by hand or by post to the Information and Culture Section, Embassy of Japan office, No.9 Bobo Street (off Gana Street) Maitama, Abuja (PMB 5070, Wuse, FCT)
Scholarship is available in four categories: (Plase click to access)
Please note that applications forms for the current exercise is clearly marked - (2018). Applications made with the 2017 forms will, therefore, not be processed by the Embassy.
The closing date for submission of all completed application forms is June 9, 2017; applications not received on or before that date will not be processed.
* SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUNG NIGERIAN TEACHERS
The Japanese Government will provide scholarship for Teachers Training Students in the Academic year beginning in October 2018
This program is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between our two countries.
*be keen to learn Japanese
*be interested in Japan and be keen to deepen their understanding of Japan
*return to their home country and resume their work immediately after the end of the scholarship period and shall utilize in their teaching careers the results of their research on school education in Japan.
Interested candidates can access application forms are HERE.
Deadline for submission of application forms is January 31, 2018.
Completed application forms should be submitted in person or by special mail to:
Culture & Information Section
Embassy of Japan in Nigeria
9 Bobo Street, Maitama District
*In principal, applicants with grade point average of 2.2and above will be given priority.
*Application forms not received on or before 31/1/18 will not be processed.
3. Japan Foundation
4. JSPS(Japan Society for the Promotion of Science)
6. JASSO(Japan Student Services Organization)
* 『ASHINAGA Africa Initiative Leadership Program 2018』《Application closing date: 25 Feb 2018》
8. Matsumae International Foundation(MIF)
* The MIF has started receiving application for “2018 Research Fellowship Programme”.
Application has opened and will close August 31, 2017. MIF was founded with the concept of achieving greater understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace. http://www.mif-japan.org/fellowship/announcement/?hl=en
9. Other Scholarship Programs
10. General Information about education in Japan
* 1st ASIAN FILM FESTIVAL(3 JULY - 8 JULY, 2017)
* Embassy of Japan Newsletter
* JAPANESE TV DRAMA- ‘CARNATION’ NOW SHOWING ON NTA-E
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO SEE SCHEDULE(7 Oct, 2016)
Detail is here.
Full program is here.